Delicious Big Game Snacks
I’m not the biggest of football fans, I’ll occasionally watch the Bills play, but no matter what I always watch the Superbowl. When I was a little kid it was always an event, we’d be allowed to stay up and watch the big game (our bedtime was 8:30 at the time), but we had to take a nap in the middle of the day so that we weren’t so tired or cranky come Monday morning. It was always so much fun!
I remember a couple of years in a row that we ordered pizza (for delivery) and it never showed up, and when you’d call the pizza place they’d say they lost the order. Great business, right!? This year, so that we don’t have to wait for delivery, we’ll be making snacks at home!
My Big Game Snacks
- Seamus’ Guacamole – Number 1 on the list for any superbowl is this guac. I LOVE this stuff! It’s a fairly simple recipe that hopefully I can share in the future, but it is a MUST for during the game.
- Cheese and Crackers – Another old stand by. If you don’t have a lot of time or don’t enjoy cooking cheese and crackers are a great choice. I remember my mom always having different kinds of cheeses, pepperoni and crackers out.
- Blue Cheese Ranch Dip – I’ve never met a single person who doesn’t love dip, I’m sure they exist, I just have yet to find them. Anyway, for all those dip lovers in your life, why not give this delicious dip from Lemons for Lulu, a try.
- Football Deviled Eggs – I honestly never thought of deviled eggs as a football appetizer, but when made this way they totally work. Yum!
- Pizza Bites – So that you don’t have to order out, why not try these delicious pizza bites?
- Pizza Dip – A personal favorite of mine! We make this frequently, but it would fit in perfectly at your Big Game party.
- Cheese Steak Dumplings – I don’t know about anyone else, but I LOVE dumplings, so making them with cheese steak filling just seems like a completely genius idea!
- Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites – Oh my drool… These sound absolutely out of this world! The spicy sour cream dipping sauce kind of puts this recipe in the range of most delicious thing EVER.
- Loaded Baked Potato Rounds – If you know me, it’s no secret that I love potatoes. These are are quick and easy, and the perfect accouterments to your game day menu.
- Chicken Bacon Artichoke Dip – Three wonderful recipe ingredients, that will make one amazing dip!
And then to combat all of those calories, try this Super Bowl Workout put together by Skinny Mom.