What. A. Week.
It flew by, but at the same time it seemed to last forever. Either way, I’m glad it’s the weekend and that we get an extra day. More time for family!
Today was Emmett’s last day of day care at his current location. I went in thinking it wouldn’t be sad at all, and when I dropped him off this morning it wasn’t. Everybody was being super sweet to him, but no tears were shed. However, when I was picking him up, that’s a whole other story. I went in and right away people were saying how much they were going to miss him and giving him hugs and how important he had been to them, it made me feel good to know that these people cared so much for my sweet boy. They also wrote some very sweet messages in his log book that they keep, which made me cry even harder.
It’s hard as a mom to feel completely comfortable with where you are leaving your child for 8 or 9 hours a day, but I never questioned his day care. I knew he was safe and very well cared for. I’ll miss his teachers and his director, they were just so wonderful to him. If anyone of them should read this, please know you were loved and appreciated by the Baby Doodah! family.
Now on with the show…
My Finds Friday!
- Ice cream and summer – one of the best pairs ever dreamed up! However, sometimes you don’t want to use all your calories and fat on a big bowl of mint chocolate chip, here’s a yummy alternative from The Fitnessista, Avocado Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- If you’re a blogger or an aspiring blogger you need to check out Daniel’s entire site, Reviewz ‘n’ Tips. I was going to pick a single article but after I paged through a few of them, it’s impossible to pick one, they are all chock full of fantastic tips for bloggers. Trust me, check it out!
- As a parent, I’m continually learning. There is no way that I can know everything, I’ve only been doing this for 13 months. This article has some amazing information for new parents, and maybe even for some veteran parents. Read the article, here.
- We’re not traveling with Emmett yet, but we will eventually and this article provides some really practical tips for traveling with kids.
- Do you pee during workouts? It’s a real thing and apparently common enough to create a viral video. Check out the article here and the video here.