My list of top healthy living blogs
I think it’s safe to assume that we all want to live a happier, healthier life. Most of us need outside motivation to do so, and I am no exception. Since I do need so much outside motivation, I have many MANY blogs that I follow that are considered healthy living blogs, all of which have provided me lots of motivation and new ideas to live a healthier life.
Here’s my list of top Healthy Living blogs:
- One of my all time favorite Health Living Blogs is, Another Mother Runner. The authors, Sarah and Dimity, send out almost daily posts about themselves as runners and support a huge community of mother runners. When I’m feeling low on motivation, I almost ALWAYS make a visit to their blog.
- I’ve mentioned Carrots ‘N’ Cake many different times on Baby Doodah, but there is no end to the motivation that Tina provides me.
- I love Anne from fANNEtastic food. Her posts vary from her delicious photos of her food and recommendations for a healthy diet (she’s an RD), to some motivating exercise posts. She’s always going on runs around Washington D.C. and sharing photos of her journey, they are beautiful!
- As always, Healthy Tipping Point, is one of my absolute favorites. HTP made it on my mommy blog list, but also fits very well on the Healthy Living Blogs list, because Caitlin is both a healthy person and an awesome mommy.
- Run Eat Repeat, is another top healthy living blog for me. The author, Monica, is a sassy red head who loves running and living a balanced life. I really love reading her blog when I want something light and fun to read.
- Hungry Runner, is a fantastic blog full great food, and exercise ideas.
There yah have it, my top Healthy Living Blogs. I check each of them almost weekly, so go on over and check them out!
What are some of your favorite Healthy Living Blogs?
Hey everyone, it’s My Finds Friday, time!
Sorry I’ve been absent for a few days, this time of year gets so busy and by the time the evening rolls around, I’m pooped and ready for bed.
This week’s My Finds Friday will be a brief one, I’m really tired and all I can think about is my bed. Hopefully I’ll have time over the weekend to fill you in on all that has occurred with life lately.
My Finds Friday!
There you have it, my favorite Friday finds for this past week. I know it was a quick post, but I assure you I’m going to go pass out now. 🙂
What are some of your favorite Friday finds, from the past week?
My have Friday’s changed…
I’m sitting on my porch typing this, while up and down my street are younger folks, on their porches (because tonight is gorgeous) having what I can only guess are dinner parties. Laughing loudly, drinking wine, plainly enjoying themselves. I’m sure they’re all having fun, but me? I’d rather sit on my porch and quietly write a blog post, that is fun to me. 😀
Boy do I have some great Friday finds for you this week, so much motivation! Be sure to click the links and give everyone some love.
(These are in no particular order.)
- As I continue on my quest to find a healthy and motivational balance when it comes to working out, I love reading things about different workouts. Reading what others have done to lose weight and get on the right track to health is so motivational. This week I came across this post on Fitocracy about a guy (the author of the article) who lost 150 lbs, just by getting into running. Check the post out here, I swear you’ll be moved to put on your shoes and head out the door.
- Carrots ‘n’ Cake made the list again this week, this girl seriously inspires me to be my best! Every single one of her posts is about working out hard and eating healthy, what’s more motivational than that?! Check it out here. Tina’s a crossfitter, so she is frequently writing about her WODs and her Paleo diet, both of which interest me to no end.
- I think most of us are trying to live a full life but also save money in the process, one my favorite blogs that deals with issues like these is Living Well Spending Less. Recently the author, Ruth, made a post about a service that assists in meal planning called eMeals.com. I haven’t signed up yet, but from what I gather the meal plan and list are pretty comprehensive and will work with whatever kind of diet restrictions you have (including Gluten-Free and Paleo). If you’re interested, you can visit her post here, and use her coupon code to get 15% off your new membership.
- If you’re looking for a serious calorie burner that you can do in about 30 minutes, check out She Rocks Fitness. She recently posted a workout that looks like an extreme calorie torcher, you can check it out here.
- Finally, one of my favorite mom fashion blogs is Ain’t No Mom Jeans. She recently made a post with tips on how to layer necklaces, check it out here. I love the look of layered necklaces but am never really sure how to do it so it looks right, this post has some really fantastic advice on how to do it.
It’s your turn…
Have you worked with or used eMeals before? If so, weigh-in below.
What are some of your favorite fast workouts that get you moving and provide you motivation?
On a day to day basis, I find or read things that I find enjoyable/informational/useful and I almost always will Tweet it, Facebook it or Pin It, but one thing I haven’t done is share some of my favorites right here on my blog. Silly me! My goal is to share out some of these articles in a new series that I’m calling, “My Finds Friday. ”
(These are in no particular order.)
- Everyone loves a giveaway and this one is particularly awesome because it’s for KIND bars and I love KIND bars. They’re a super healthy, filling and completely delicious! Check out Oatmeal after Spinning, who is sponsoring this giveaway, it expires on Monday Aug 5th, head there now!
- I’m a pretty honest and direct person, I’m not good at sugar coating things and often I speak before I think. This leads to me saying things that not everyone agrees with, when one of Dana Sitar’s recent blog posts, “It’s Hell Being a Sinner” I fell in love. In the article she talks about the sensitivity to words and how they may come across to others, this is what hit home with me. I am always saying that words are just words, that WE put the negative (or positive) meanings to them. Whether you agree or not, check out her blog, she has a lot to say and it’s a good read.
- If you often wonder why you’re not reaching your fitness or weightloss goals, you may be making some mistakes. Check out 6 Fitness Mistakes Keeping You From Your Goals.
- One of my favorite all around blogs is, Carrots ‘N’ Cake. When I’m looking for a dose of motivation whether it be for food or exercise, I quickly jump on her blog, I can find both there.
- I don’t know about you, but right about now the clothes in my closet start looking stale and I start wanting to shop. Like most people, however, I’m on a budget so I have to be careful about what I spend, enter the blog, Outfit Posts. I have seriously saved at the very least, 50 of her outfit posts. She has inspired me time and time again and I want you to have access to that inspiration.
And finally a very cute picture of my baby boy!
Now it’s your turn…
What information or posts have you found helpful this week?