If you’ve ever had a toddler, you know how tantrums can ensue from just about anything!
Emmett recently entered the freak out, about anything phase, of toddler-hood. We’ll be going along perfectly happy, when all of a sudden it hits… the TANTRUM-MONSTER.
Dun dun dunnnnn…
Some of his tantrums are just so funny, and actually take quite a lot of work to not laugh. I was expecting this, people write about the terrible, tanrumy twos all the time, but I had no idea exactly what I was in for.
It is because of these tantrums that I wanted to start a new series on my blog – My Son is Crying because… 🙂 I’m sure you’ve seen the pretty popular site, Reasons My Son is Crying, well I want to take a spin and add a similar idea to my blog. I’m telling you, some these are pretty funny!
My Son is Crying Because…. and other funny stuff he says
- I finished the bag of baby carrots. (He still had 3 on his plate, and we had a whole other bag in the fridge.)
- I forgot to put the clip back on the baby carrots. (Remember, I had just finished the bag, and yes, these were separate tantrums.)
- Because he wanted to watch TV, I put the TV on, but not to the show he wanted to watch. (I had asked him what he wanted to watch, he replied with “dunno momma.”)
- Because he can’t find his binkie. (It was in his hand.)
- “I not love you mommy.” I responded with, well I LOVE you! He responds with, “Yeah, I love you, too.”
- He wants to push his Fisher-Price Lawn Mower and I said after nap time. He woke up, and asked to go play with his lawn mower, I told him, we had to put on our shoes.
I’m hoping to make this a pretty regular feature. As soon as I have another good batch of funny sayings or situations, I’ll add them to the list. 🙂
What funny things has your toddler / young child said, that made you giggle or was just crazy, off the wall?
Share in the comments below!
Looking for a quick, easy and FREE way to get your news? Check-out theSkimm and sign-up for your daily email box delivery of the world’s news, plus if you share your birthday, you get it listed at the bottom of the newsletter on your day. It’s like celebrating with thousands of people!!!!
Oh, I had one like that – everything set him off. It was funny at first but there was a 4 month period I didn’t think I would survive!! (he will be 14 in just over a week:)
* he cried because I gave him a red sucker and he wanted purple
* he cried because I looked at him
* he cried because his sock had something on it
Oy – good luck!!!
hahahaha LOVE these!! I’m particularly fond of the, “he cried because I looked at him.” lol Toddlers! Thank you for visiting!