Welcome Home!

We’ve made it, we’re in our new home.

Oh goodness readers, I am tired, no, make that exhausted. It has been a really really long weekend, but we’re completely out of the old house and slowly getting settled in the new.


View from the new place.

So what’s been going on?

Well Friday morning, the movers arrived almost exactly on time, they might have been 5 minutes late, but I was amazed at how promptly they arrived. I think I’ll write a thorough review of the movers at a later time, but let’s just say, I was completely impressed with their service. As soon as they got to the house, they came in and made an inventory of every large item we had that needed to be moved and then got to work on our boxes. They loaded those boxes so quickly, and actually the entire pack-up at the old place took 1.5 hrs. It was so fast! However, getting into the new place was much more difficult.

The boxes were obviously easy to get in, and so was most of our furniture… BUT, and it’s a big but, our full-sized couch would not fit in the door. 🙁 The movers tried EVERYTHING, short of cutting it apart or busting in the doorway. It was just too large! It had too high of a back and too wide of a girth, on top of being too long. I don’t blame the movers at all, though. They tried every different angle and spent at least 45 minutes trying to figure it out. So, now it’s sitting our garage, where we’ll either sell it or donate it.


After they unloaded everything, Seamus and I did a few things around here before we headed back to the old place to commence clean-up. We got the majority of it done before we needed to head back to our new home to meet Time Warner for our cable hook-up. While Seamus waited for TWC to hook us up, I went and got Emmett from day care, he was happy to see me as always. When we got home he was a little apprehensive about coming inside, but has been adjusting pretty well.

Saturday we were up bright and early to await the delivery of our washer and dryer. Sears did a pretty good job of doing everything they said they were going to, we got the emails confirming everything, and we got the confirmation call on Friday night that gave us the time they’d be arriving. The problem was, on Saturday morning they called to let us know that they’d be their during the scheduled time, but we got two phone calls – one delivery truck had our washer and the other had our dryer. Not a big deal, they both arrived when they were supposed to but it is just kind of silly. Poor organization on Sears’ part.


After the washer and dryer were installed we all headed back to the old apartment to finish the clean-up. I think the worst part of moving is the cleaning. I don’t enjoy the packing process, but I HATE cleaning and it always seems to take forever. Either way, it is done and we are now completely out of that place… YAY!

Since we didn’t have time to prep our dinner for last night, a crock-pot chicken recipe, we ended up going out to Quaker Steak & Lube for dinner. I had wings, which I’ve been craving forever, they were delicious and totally hit the spot. After dinner, we made a trip to Wal-mart to see if they had some of the things we wanted but they didn’t have any of it. We grabbed a few long-sleeved PJs for Emmett (that were on sale) and headed home.


And finally, Sunday. What did we do today? We started the morning with our first home cooked breakfast in this place, and it was DE-licious! Then it was unpacking and putting things away in our kitchen, which is nearly done and my first 3 loads of laundry.  And then since we needed a new couch we went and bought one. We ended up at Ashley Furniture, and thankfully they had exactly what we wanted. We left there with (well, it will be delivered in 15 to 28 days) a beautiful blue/grey sectional sofa. I love it, and cannot wait to receive it!

Look at that yolk porn!

Look at that yolk porn!

We made a trip to Target to grab the things that Wal-mart didn’t carry, then to Wendy’s for dinner and home for a tiny bit of relaxing, and finally bed.

And now, here we are, Sunday evening at 10 pm. I’m ready to sleep for a many MANY days.

That about does it… phew!

Your turn!

How was your weekend?

What fun or productive things did you do?


2 Responses to Welcome Home!

  1. Wow! you’ve been very busy! I love yolk too… one of my kids hates yolk I just don’t get it, it’s the best part of the egg. Have a great rest of your week, thank you for sharing with us at Wine’d Down Wednesday.

    • Jillian416 says:

      Hi Debbie! When I was a kid I think I hated the yolk as well. I vaguely remember eating around it and leaving it on my plate…now I gladly eat it all and soak the rest up with my bread. Yummy!! Thanks for visiting and tweeting my post, I appreciate it!

Leave a reply

Copyright © 2013 Baby Doodah // Designed By Bumble + Buzz Design