Useful resources for dealing with BED (binge eating disorder).
Hi Readers! Oh what a week it has been. Loads of emotional ups and downs, all imparted on myself but I’m really glad Friday and the subsequent weekend is here. Overall this was a pretty good week, work’s still busy but it is that busyness ensures I keep my job, so I have no complaints. Buffalo got hit hard by the “Polar Vortex,” but nothing a true Buffaloian couldn’t handle. Because of that vortex, the frigid air and blizzard like conditions, I worked from home on Tuesday, and Emmett stayed with me. He was a really good boy!
He got some Mega Bloks from my parents for Christmas, he is totally obsessed! The second he gets home from school, or sits down to play, his first request is for those blocks, or “boks.” (I love his baby words.) Anyhow, he played with those for a good long while, without needing constant attention and when it came time for lunch, he sat at his table from my parents, like a big boy. It was one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen (I’m sure you’ll agree)!
It was a good week! I came clean about my dealing with BED, which I believe is helping change my attitude towards a lot of different things in my life. It is a slow, but hopefully steady process. Since coming clean, I’ve been doing a lot of research on the disorder and wanted to share some of my finds with you. I’ve also found a bunch of books that I’d like to read, but I am always looking for more so please feel free to share in the comments below.
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (or BEDA) is a wealth of knowledge on anything in regards to BED. I’ve only begun to explore what the site offers, but if you’re dealing with this disorder, I recommend you check this page out.
- In this particular article the “Steve’s Story” section reminds me exactly of myself. It could literally be named, Jillian’s story.
- Binge Eating has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, it absolutely affects kids. If you notice any indication that your child is suffering with binge behavior, there are ways to help.
- In the blogging arena, having a media kit is very important – The Blog Maven does a really fantastic job of providing examples of all different types. This is one of the things I want to do in 2014 for Baby Doodah!
- I love running in the cold, though it has been a long time since I’ve run at all, let alone in the cold. However, here is a great article with tips on how to survive running in the cold.
Alright, those are my finds for the week, I’d love for you to link up below and share your finds from the past week.