It’s a little late to be sharing that sentiment but better late than never, right!?
Alright, so I made a promise to check in weekly on how my “healthier” lifestyle was going. If you missed my first Friday Fitness post where I explain my goals, here it is.
My goals for this past week:
Goals for 9/28/12 – 10/4/2012:
Yeah! First week in and I lost .4, not too shabby!
Amount Remaining to Lose:
Still plenty to lose but you’ve got to start somewhere.
Here are my goals from last week and my update.
- Snacks are my downfall. I need to work on cutting out all the snacks that have no nutritional value
- Eat more fruit and veg. By doing the above, this one should come naturally
I definitely cut out snacks but I didn’t do a really great job of adding in more fruits and veg. I made sure to have some more fruit with breakfast but the rest of the day was kind of devoid of any produce.
- EAT. AT. HOME. I have such a habit of grabbing food out while I’m running errands. I will allow myself to go out for 1 dinner and 1 lunch a week.
I did much better with this! Yahoo!! I think I only grabbed lunch out once and that was yesterday when we were pretty much out of lunchy like foods.
- Find some new recipes that Seamus and I can make for dinners
I didn’t find anything new for this week’s menu but I did Pin a bunch of different things that we’ll use in the future.
- Get my butt to a gym and open a membership with them. I have two gyms in mind, one of them has a pool which is the one I’m leaning towards because I love swimming but I want to ensure the rest of the gym is in good condition before actually joining.
I joined a gym!! Yahooooo! You know what motivated me to do it? This blog and holding myself accountable to my readers. I went out on Sunday and joined, it felt good to get that out of the way.
- Walk! There is NEVER an excuse not to put Emmett in the stroller and hit the pavement, even if it’s for a short jaunt.
I so miserably failed on this one. We didn’t go out at all, not even once. Ugh! I can’t even use weather as an excuse, except for today. Boo to me!
- Make my fitness goals a top priority!
Obviously as you can see from my above statement, I didn’t follow through on this one either.
What a miserable report!
Here’s a gorgeous picture to lift your (and mostly my) spirits…
Goals for 10/5/12 – 10/11/12
I’m not going to put a set number on the amount I want to lose this week. I’ll take ANYTHING!
Amount Remaining to Lose:
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at home, except for 1 dinner and 1 lunch.
- Get in those vegetables!
- Snack on fruits/vegetables, not crackers and chips
- Get to the gym at least 3 times
- Walk with Emmet at least twice
- Work on creating some sort of workout schedule. Even if it has holes and is just a loose idea of what I want, I need something.
I’ll be sure to check in next week and share my results!
Anyone have any exciting plans this weekend?