I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life but even at times when I’ve been overweight, I was in pretty good shape because I’ve always been so active. Unfortunately I can no longer say that. I did not gain much while pregnant, it was pretty much all baby and water weight. About two weeks after Emmett was born, I was back down to my pre-baby weight but I had fallen completely out of shape.
I started taking short walks with Emmett at about 3 weeks out and I realized what poor shape I was in. I was pretty disappointed! I say all this not because I am beating myself up, I realize I grew life inside me and then birthed it out, but because I want to get back to where I was, that felt good!
With that being said, I do my best when I set hard and fast rules for myself. I
want need to get back into the shape I was in last September. I ran (with some walking mixed in) a half marathon, I was on top of the world, so I know I can do it. So I plan on posting my weekly goals every Friday under the heading “Friday Fitness.”
I’m hoping that by sharing on my blog, I will hold myself accountable for everything on here so that I can only report success. Each week I will share the amount of weight I’ve lost, the amount I have left to lose, my food goals and my fitness goals, and I want you as the reader to feel free to join me by sharing your goals below. We can hold each other accountable!
Goals for 9/28/12 – 10/4/2012:
Since this is my first week I do not have an amount to share for how much I’ve lost.
Amount Remaining to Lose:
119.6 (Yep! I have a ways to go!)
- Snacks are my downfall. I need to work on cutting out all the snacks that have no nutritional value.
- Eat more fruit and veg. By doing the above, this one should come naturally
- EAT. AT. HOME. I have such a habit of grabbing food out while I’m running errands. I will allow myself to go out for 1 dinner and 1 lunch a week.
- Find some new recipes that Seamus and I can make for dinners
- Get my butt to a gym and open a membership with them. I have two gyms in mind, one of them has a pool which is the one I’m leaning towards because I love swimming but I want to ensure the rest of the gym is in good condition before actually joining.
- Walk! There is NEVER an excuse not to put Emmett in the stroller and hit the pavement, even if it’s for a short jaunt.
- Make my fitness goals a top priority!
Alright, so next week, I will report back with how things went. I will be reporting back with success, just an FYI. 😉
You’re turn! – What are you health and fitness goals?